Wednesday 25 March 2009

Ideas can be dangerous

Heres something new. Graduation coming up I've been thinking about careers and mentioning my skills and interests someone mentioned something I'd never even considered before, law enforcement. So as I always do with a new idea, I researched it.

I love puzzles, patterns and behaviour, as in obsessively. Sure your mind automatically goes to something to do with maths and statistics. I've tried those, I must have been the only one in my class who loved algerbra it just seemed so simple. Sudoku was also very straight forward and tackled quickly when given a book a while ago. However one tiny detail lies in the way of me embracing a career of maths; its boring.

Its just not multilayered enough. Even when I hit a wall where I need to learn a new equation to figuire something out, it still seems the same. My interests have often been more about things I can't understand like behaviour patterns. I like noticing patterns in peoples behaviour, how they walk, talk, hold themselves, what they say, what they do, why, how. I'm logical in breaking down whatever situation I find myself in, looking for the truth, lies and patterns. I also notice details some people miss.

I think if I were to go for a career in law enforcement I would go into it with the idea of a later career in CID, either that or the dog team but likely CID. It would be difficult, particually to start off with. The work of a police officer relies heavily on interpersonal skills. However I think I like the idea of pushing myself to see how much I can do better than hiding out in something less challenging. Therefore its staying in my maybe careers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Online Advertising